India Against Corruption

Register

India Against Corruption > INDIA AGAINST CORRUPTION > DISCUSSIONS > NEWS & VIEWS
New Topics

Anna halts poll campaign after PM's assurance

Anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare has halted his plan of touring five poll-bound states after he received a letter of assurance .....

• 1 ss6471

11-23-2011

: Oct 2011
: Chandigarh
:
: 46 | 0.01 Per Day
Anna halts poll campaign after PM's assurance

Anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare has halted his plan of touring five poll-bound states after he received a letter of assurance from the Prime Minister's Office assuring him that a strong Lokpal Bill will be passed in the winter session.
"When the country's Prime Minister is giving the assurance then we have to believe in him, if we are in talks with the federal government and the issue concerns the country and society, then we have to put our plans on hold. Even Mahatma Gandhi had done so earlier. So now when we are being assured then our plans will have to be held back," said Anna.
Earlier Anna had threatened to campaign against the Congress in five election-bound states if the UPA government fails to get the Jan Lokpal Bill passed in the winter session of Parliament.
Team Anna had also accused the government of reducing the proposed Lokpal to an "empty tin box with no powers". They had said that they were surprised at the move to exclude a Citizen's Charter and lower bureaucracy from the ambit of the ombudsman, contrary to a Parliament resolution.
Anna had also hinted at going on another fast if the Lokpal Bill is not passed in the winter session.
Anna had also said that he would undertake another agitation if the Maharashtra government does not take adequate steps for strengthening the Lokayukta.

Source- IBNLive
11-23-2011

: Aug 2011
: Kanpur UP
: 39
:
: 373 | 0.08 Per Day

well said sir n humare up me bhi election hone hai n agr janlokpal bill is winter session me pass ni hoga to cngress ko iska result electns me denge
JAI HIND

India Against Corruption
India Against Corruption is a PUBLIC Forum, NOT associated with any organisation(s).
DISCLAIMER: Members of public post content on this website. We hold no responsibility for the same. However, abuse may be reported to us.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0