India Against Corruption

Register

India Against Corruption > INDIA AGAINST CORRUPTION > DISCUSSIONS > NEWS & VIEWS
New Topics

Anna discharged from Medanta, heads to Bangalore

Anna Hazare was discharged from Medanta Hospital earlier on Thursday. The 74-year-old anti-corruption activist was undergoing medical treatment for various .....

02-02-2012

: Oct 2011
: Chandigarh
:
: 46 | 0.01 Per Day
Anna discharged from Medanta, heads to Bangalore

Anna Hazare was discharged from Medanta Hospital earlier on Thursday. The 74-year-old anti-corruption activist was undergoing medical treatment for various ailments.
Anna will now move to Bangalore where he will undergo naturopathy at the Jindal Naturecare Institute. Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal will accompany him.
Anna had reached Delhi on Sunday and was undergoing checkup at Medanta Medicity in adjoining Gurgaon.
During his stay in the Gurgaon hospital, allegations were levelled that he was administered overdose of anti-biotics and steroids while he was in treatment at Sancheti hospital in Pune. However, Hazare has said there was no basis to these allegations and stood by Dr K L Sancheti.
Anna was treated for acute bronchitis at a hospital in Mumbai earlier this month after he called off his hunger strike for a strong Lokpal Bill midway. He was discharged on January 8.
Dr RR Kasliwal, head of internal medicine at Medanta Medicity who is attending on him has said, "He came to us with complaints of breathlessness and high blood pressure. As far as we know he has no heart ailment and his vital organs are all right."
Earlier, after calling off his 12-day hunger strike at Ramlila Maidan in August last year, Hazare had gone to Medanta for treatment. The doctors led by Naresh Trehan had also constantly monitored his condition during Ramlila agitation.
Hazare's health condition has forced him to call off the jail bharo agitation and prevented him from taking a tour of the five poll-bound states.
However, he has said he will embark on a nation-wide tour soon after he recovers from his illness during which he will "awaken" the people on the issue of corruption. He said he will not speak about indulging in violence.
"Soon after I regain my health, I will embark on an all India tour. Then the corrupt people will understand that the allegations they level against me will not have an effect on people," he said.

Source~ ibnlive.in
02-03-2012

: Jan 2012
: new delhi
:
: 1 | 0.00 Per Day

wish you get well soön to anna ji !!

India Against Corruption
India Against Corruption is a PUBLIC Forum, NOT associated with any organisation(s).
DISCLAIMER: Members of public post content on this website. We hold no responsibility for the same. However, abuse may be reported to us.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0