India Against Corruption

Register

India Against Corruption > INDIA AGAINST CORRUPTION > DISCUSSIONS > Opinion & POLLs
New Topics

A suggestion to resolve the impasse with the Government...

There are only 2 outstanding issues to be resolved. Can we think of a creative way to resolve them ASAP, .....

04-08-2011

: Apr 2011
: Chennai
: 70
:
: 166 | 0.03 Per Day
A suggestion to resolve the impasse with the Government...

There are only 2 outstanding issues to be resolved.

Can we think of a creative way to resolve them ASAP, showing some flexibility without compromising on the basic objectives? One set of suggestions is below:

(i) Dr. Abdul Kalam can be requested to be the Chairman of the committee. Being a former President of India, I suppose it will be difficult for the Government to oppose this suggestion. He's likely to act very fairly, and he's a no-nonsense person, keeping a low profile.

(ii) Whatever is the need for the notification, can we get the same through a genuine substitute for it? E.g., Won't a public announcement by the PM and Ms. Sonia Gandhi (and pref. even a top leader each of BJP and the Left, but let's leave them out if this is not easily possible as they may not be involved in drafting, as the goal now is not getting their acceptance) that they would immediately endorse the draft bill prepared by the Committee without any reservations and modifications, be adequate? This will keep this Committee not notified, yet it's recommendations will be binding on all.

Thanks,

Ganesan.
04-08-2011

: JHARSUGUDA, ODISHA
:
: 2 | 0.00 Per Day

forming of committee is ok. but ultimately who will pass the bill. as a common man we can not pass the bill. As politician they will not do. because they come for making money by corruption. So I think we need good politicians in the house for making good laws and implement them. other wise it also becoming like existing laws.

Ganesh
04-08-2011

:

I'm getting confused.

(i) You've not answered my first suggestion, reg. Dr. Kalam being the Chairman. Is it ok? If not, why?

(ii) How will it become a Bill, just because it is notified, and how will it not become a bill if there is a public commitment by the PM and Ms. Sonia Gandhi to accept the draft bill verbatim?

Ganesan. :~(
04-08-2011

: Karnataka
:
: 3 | 0.00 Per Day

1) The whole point of this movement is to provide the "JANTA" a committee, that is not biased when dealing with corruption.
2) We need not cry to the government to pass the bill or even ask them to accept it, because it is a democracy, that is the very basic step. Because all the corruption is happening under the government's(be it congress or BJP) top leaders we cannot appoint anybody who related to any of the parties.
3) Dr. Kalam's efforts were in direction of education during his tenure. We need somebody who knows the roots of corruption and is Firm.

Can we think of a creative way to resolve them ASAP, showing some flexibility without compromising on the basic objectives? One set of suggestions is below:

(i) Dr. Abdul Kalam can be requested to be the Chairman of the committee. Being a former President of India, I suppose it will be difficult for the Government to oppose this suggestion. He's likely to act very fairly, and he's a no-nonsense person, keeping a low profile.

(ii) Whatever is the need for the notification, can we get the same through a genuine substitute for it? E.g., Won't a public announcement by the PM and Ms. Sonia Gandhi (and pref. even a top leader each of BJP and the Left, but let's leave them out if this is not easily possible as they may not be involved in drafting, as the goal now is not getting their acceptance) that they would immediately endorse the draft bill prepared by the Committee without any reservations and modifications, be adequate? This will keep this Committee not notified, yet it's recommendations will be binding on all.

Thanks,

Ganesan.
04-11-2011

: 56
:
: 5 | 0.00 Per Day
Cool

Dr Kalam is one choice among many available senior citizens. A legal luminary would be adequate. The most important point is who will all be the Lokayukthas in the States which is closer to the job of cleaning corruption in India. The Metros should be handled first where corruption has invaded in every nook and corner. (An alternative: The Metros should be invaded first where corruption is handled in every nook and corner).
04-11-2011

: Pune
: 40
:
: 1 | 0.00 Per Day

If some party is opposing this Bill means they are against the corruption free Hindusthan. If such thing happen then it is our responsibility not to vote that party.
04-18-2011

: 78
:
: 7 | 0.00 Per Day
Talking

The present controllers of congress may not like this idea. if they are really interested in the welfare of the country they shd decided to continue the term for MR. Kalam. Other hand they brought a person not to questions their move and keeping silence for anything happening to the country.

Even today the latest information that alloting the governors to the states is in hands of congress chief. You can understand the country condition.
04-18-2011

: new delhi
:

Hi friends , we all r talking about lokpal bill these days . I know this will cover only high profile ministers for corruption. But i want to suggest that non profit organisations like governing body of schools should also be put under scanner of this bill becoz they r the most corrupted ones in the society. One of it is delhi sikh gurudwara prabandhak committee. This organisation r liable to luk after the schools and colleges which comes under their ageis. The y r not paying any salaries to their staff in one of branch of their school in delhi. If lokpal bill will add these organisations also thn corruption at school level can be checked.
04-19-2011

:
Talking

Hi everyone,

We should move one step at a time. If we bring in too many contentious issues, that may stall the Lokpal Bill itself.

But, if we only want non profit organizations to be brought within the ambit of the Lokpal Bill, such a suggest ion can be given to the committee, and we should leave it their best collective judgment, which is well represented by people's representatives.

Ganesan.
04-19-2011

: U.P.
:
Implementation of Janlok pal

Now The Govt. have to pass the lokpal bill in any format because movement have been created against the corruption and public got aware. Important thing that public got the right leader as a Anana Hazare ji but I am worried about the implementation of law in ground level because of the police attitude. They are the most corrupt organization in INDIA.
So I'd like to request the Anana Hazre ji and his teams that pls do something in the bill against police if they create problem or affect the law.
And also I'd request that PLS provide adequate security to Shree ANANA ji and Mr. Arvind kejriwal. The corrupt politicians and Bureaucrats don’t want to pass the bill and can do anything against these leaders to demonize the movement.

Thanks

forming of committee is ok. but ultimately who will pass the bill. as a common man we can not pass the bill. As politician they will not do. because they come for making money by corruption. So I think we need good politicians in the house for making good laws and implement them. other wise it also becoming like existing laws.

Ganesh
I'm getting confused.

(i) You've not answered my first suggestion, reg. Dr. Kalam being the Chairman. Is it ok? If not, why?

(ii) How will it become a Bill, just because it is notified, and how will it not become a bill if there is a public commitment by the PM and Ms. Sonia Gandhi to accept the draft bill verbatim?

Ganesan. :~(

Thanks,

Ganesan.

India Against Corruption
India Against Corruption is a PUBLIC Forum, NOT associated with any organisation(s).
DISCLAIMER: Members of public post content on this website. We hold no responsibility for the same. However, abuse may be reported to us.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0