India Against Corruption

Register

India Against Corruption > INDIA AGAINST CORRUPTION > DISCUSSIONS > Opinion & POLLs

Arundhati Roy ... Against the Anti Corruption Saint Anna Hazare

Writer-activist Arundhati Roy has launched a scathing attack on social activist Anna Hazare, the leader of the ongoing anti-corruption movement. .....

: Are Arundhati Roy's comments on Anna Ji justified ???
Yes 1 10.00%
Noo 9 90.00%
May be 0 0%
May be not 0 0%
: 10.

• 1 goenkavijay89
  • 1 eyes on

08-23-2011

: Feb 2011
: Chandigarh
:
: 312 | 0.07 Per Day
Angry Arundhati Roy ... Against the Anti Corruption Saint Anna Hazare

Writer-activist Arundhati Roy has launched a scathing attack on social activist Anna Hazare, the leader of the ongoing anti-corruption movement. She has questioned his secular credentials and further said that the 74-year-old Hazare "supports Raj Thackeray's "Marathi Manoos xenophobia." The article has drawn a barrage of online response. Most are sharply critical of her views.

While his means may be Gandhian, Anna Hazare's demands are certainly not. Contrary to Gandhiji's ideas about the decentralisation of power, the Jan Lokpal Bill is a draconian, anti-corruption law, in which a panel of carefully chosen people will administer a giant bureaucracy, with thousands of employees, with the power to police everybody from the Prime Minister, the judiciary, members of Parliament, and all of the bureaucracy, down to the lowest government official. The Lokpal will have the powers of investigation, surveillance, and prosecution. Except for the fact that it won't have its own prisons, it will function as an independent administration, meant to counter the bloated, unaccountable, corrupt one that we already have. Two oligarchies, instead of just one.
08-23-2011

: Jun 2011
: patna
: 53
:
: 54 | 0.01 Per Day

Every individual is different. What may appear 6 to one, may appear 9 to other. While fact is same, perspective is different. You can speak about your perspective even if it is a mirage. This is beauty of democracy.
Gandhi's protests were for others. Anna's protests are for others.
People on the streets: they are protesting for themselves.
I am protesting for myself. Every moment one is being added.
It is not about Anna. It is about me. I have been fooled. I have been looted. I see no way out. In civil society, I see a ray of hope.
Only history will tell, if they were wrong.
If I have to choose between people and governance system, I will choose people.
For if there were no people, there would be no democracy.
Don't try to save democracy, try to save people.
08-23-2011

: Aug 2011
: bangalore
: 59
:
: 2 | 0.00 Per Day
look at your back

if this lady had any sense she would not have commented on anna in this cheap manner.anna is a mountain and she is a mole.what is her contribution to sanitize our rotten corrupted political system?secular by heart and not through deliberate act to show as one.anna is the first indian after subash chandra bose who has nerves of steel to put forth his views without mincing any words.if our prime minster had at least 50% of anna"s will to do what is good for the country we would not have been IN such hope less situation to day.ms/mrs, roy it is in blood of our political community to change there colors according to the situation.before commenting on anna,dont commit the mistake manish tiwary did,and know who is anna?what was he?what is his background.it is unfortunate that our elite society treats our soldiers like this and the corrupt political community all ways under the umbrella of " z"category security by spending public money are treated as great martyr"s
08-24-2011

: agra
: 39
:
: 7 | 0.00 Per Day

all those who do not support anna, i have one thing to tell them- just try and do what he is doing. india has had enough of drawing room thinkers. ms roy has just added to the list.
on tv too, aruna roy can be heard disagreeing with anna on the pretext- if one lakh people come out on the streets today demanding jan lokpal and the govt agrees to it, so will it be that in future if one lakh or two lakh people come out again, so they can make any bill and govt will pass it?
why dont the two roys try it out? why dont they sit out somewhere and see how many people come out to support them?
madam roys we know you have just been mouthing words for soniaji who is relaxing in the US.
Next time before being critical, try and do what the other person is doing? who is stopping you from collecting support for the third lokpal bill you are proposing?
first act, then talk.
08-24-2011

: India
:
: 19 | 0.00 Per Day

when team anna was arrogant & abusing they said it is the sentiment or the mood of people. The same team is now accusing the govt for being arrogant. Seeing the support who have turned up the team is behaving very arrogant. Antisocial elements are gathered at the Ramlila grounds and whatever happens for the arrogance of few people (Anna & Team AK, KB) the whole country has to bear the shame. If govt moves right or left if you find fault for everything then nothing can be done by the govt there has to trust you cant achieve anything by blackmailing and it is not good for the country to move like this.
08-24-2011

: chennai
:
: 21 | 0.00 Per Day
traitor

the one who is willing to give kashmir to pakistan obviously dont be able understand the pulse of indian.
Criticise some good people give publicity.
I've head that her home is at some government land and ont even indians cant get in easily. No way to tribes. Still considered as the mIsiha of them
08-25-2011

: Kolkata
:
: 384 | 0.08 Per Day

Distracting and dissenting voices will always be heard....and often not for at all genuine reasons....no need to be too taken down by them...just ignore and neglect them...just concentrate on the movement....but yes, if they go too far, give back sharper replies...but within the limits of decency...

Last edited by Summit Ensign; 08-25-2011 at 09:46 AM

India Against Corruption
India Against Corruption is a PUBLIC Forum, NOT associated with any organisation(s).
DISCLAIMER: Members of public post content on this website. We hold no responsibility for the same. However, abuse may be reported to us.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0