India Against Corruption

Register

India Against Corruption > INDIA AGAINST CORRUPTION > DISCUSSIONS

What to do if someone ask for bribe to do his duty?

The Politicians & Govt. Babus are not the only People responsible for Corruption. The common man is again equally responsible .....

08-21-2011

: Aug 2011
: Jaysingpur
: 47
:
: 3 | 0.00 Per Day
The System should be more transparent to avoid corruption.

The Politicians & Govt. Babus are not the only People responsible for Corruption. The common man is again equally responsible for the same. For example if O need to buy or sale Land or property I don't have clarity on the in detail Process for the same so what I does I contact the tahsil Office at Taluka Place & meet an agent & finals the deal which Includes his fees, Stamp duty & Some money for the Govt. Babu & I pays the same The agent calls me as & when required just for the signing Formalities.

Why a common man gives the Money ?Basically the Processes British have started remained the same in all the govt offices that need to be changed & made user friendly & fastvimultaneously we need to run evening classes to make people aware with the Processes. So the common man will not support the corruption.
08-21-2011

: Apr 2011
: Chennai
: 70
:
: 166 | 0.04 Per Day

Hi friends,

A few of us can resolve and stand against corruption, sure, and we should. But let's not believe that everyone will ever become like that some day, and it will change the way things are. We also need to develop a system that doesn't permit giving and taking bribes.

We can say, if we all behave ourselves, there will be no need for police. But in reality, will it work out that way?

Even with police, we do have crimes. Can we ask ourselves the question, if police can't stop crimes, why not do away with police? The fact is, the crime rate is what it is because we have police. If we had no police, we'll have anarchy like in Somalia.

So, while it's good for individuals to resolve not to bribe come what may (sure enough, we'll be subjected a lot of personal pressure, incl financial loss), we should not suggest that as the solution for a whole society. It can only be personal value system for evolved individuals. The common man needs a corruption-free system to live peacefully.

Ganesan. :~)
08-21-2011
Banned

: Apr 2011
: Bahrain
:
: 40 | 0.01 Per Day
Thumbs up Food for Thought

http://www.indiaagainstcorruption.com/search.php?searchid=68911
08-22-2011

: Mumbai
: 37
:
: 1 | 0.00 Per Day

Hi people

Whatever I read throughout the discussion, most of them (i.e. the solutions) are 'time consuming' methods.

I agree we should not pay bribe and get our work done and thereby encouraging the 'babu' but consider the following:

1. If you don't pay bribe then some one else would. Unity is more important here rather than 1 or a few people standing against corruption. And its hard to unite if you don't know each other.

2. Some people have time constraints, specially passport offices where office people + police together demand bribes (they don't even leave the defence people). And to get things moving you do pay up and get your work done.

If the gap between sending a complain and action can be shortened then it will encourage people to go to ACB and the likes.

An e.g. can be - babu against whom we complain should be immediately suspended and someone else should be brought in at his/her place to perform his/her job. Then suspended officer can be tried for as long as the govt. or ACB wants!

That way, we will have either
1. Govt. agencies, in order to not recruit more and more people to replace courrupt officers, would be more stricter themselves.
2. The recruitment in Govt. agencies would increase and the 'replacers' will definitely know WHY they have taken a certain position. Induces a moral conscience.
08-22-2011

: chhatarpur, mp
:
: 10 | 0.00 Per Day

if u r in a hurry of getting the work done, then u r not left with any choice but brive him/her.

if u can wait then there r many more acts to perform to disclose his/her dirty acts.
08-22-2011

: Sambalpur, Orissa
: 47
:
: 120 | 0.03 Per Day

We all helpless indian citizen are paying brive regurly to get our work done not only in govt office but in other non govt offices too. Desperately we need a help line no where we can put a complain easily.
08-22-2011

: Guwahati
: 75
:
: 6 | 0.00 Per Day

Bribing was there in India from a long time. But demanding bribe for any work is becoming common since last couple of decades. You can not get any work done in any office without a dalal who will demand a unreasonable amount. I hope from this mass movement bribe takers as well as bribe givers will be ashamed.
08-22-2011

: Agartala
: 40
:
: 11 | 0.00 Per Day

i give my all things... my pant..shirt..banyan..underwear...i became a nude in front of that person who asked me for bribe
Ye sirf filmon me hota hai.... Aapne bhi kabhi na kabhi is situation ka saamna kiya hoga tab kya aapne aisa hi kiya tha? if yes then i salute you...but if not then main yehi kahunga ki kehna aasan hai lekin karna utna hi mushkil.
08-22-2011

:

Hi people

Whatever I read throughout the discussion, most of them (i.e. the solutions) are 'time consuming' methods.

I agree we should not pay bribe and get our work done and thereby encouraging the 'babu' but consider the following:

1. If you don't pay bribe then some one else would. Unity is more important here rather than 1 or a few people standing against corruption. And its hard to unite if you don't know each other.

2. Some people have time constraints, specially passport offices where office people + police together demand bribes (they don't even leave the defence people). And to get things moving you do pay up and get your work done.

If the gap between sending a complain and action can be shortened then it will encourage people to go to ACB and the likes.

An e.g. can be - babu against whom we complain should be immediately suspended and someone else should be brought in at his/her place to perform his/her job. Then suspended officer can be tried for as long as the govt. or ACB wants!

That way, we will have either
1. Govt. agencies, in order to not recruit more and more people to replace courrupt officers, would be more stricter themselves.
2. The recruitment in Govt. agencies would increase and the 'replacers' will definitely know WHY they have taken a certain position. Induces a moral conscience.
I think there should be some easy way to complaint against the government official asking for bribe so that immediately actions can be taken and they always afraid to ask for bribe... such as immediately the person should be fired from his post and some recovery must be made from his personal savings....

Last edited by mamtaism; 08-22-2011 at 09:42 PM
08-22-2011

:

Bribing was there in India from a long time. But demanding bribe for any work is becoming common since last couple of decades. You can not get any work done in any office without a dalal who will demand a unreasonable amount. I hope from this mass movement bribe takers as well as bribe givers will be ashamed.
even if a person not agrees to give bribe, he is treated very badly... people fight years (sometimes till death) to get his own pension/PF/health insurance etc. and finally gets defeated from his own tries... No body helps, neither police nor court (lowyer) even they also ask for bribe...

Last edited by mamtaism; 08-22-2011 at 09:49 PM

India Against Corruption
India Against Corruption is a PUBLIC Forum, NOT associated with any organisation(s).
DISCLAIMER: Members of public post content on this website. We hold no responsibility for the same. However, abuse may be reported to us.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0