India Against Corruption

Register

India Against Corruption > INDIA AGAINST CORRUPTION > DISCUSSIONS

LOKPAL BILL - CONFLICT OF INTEREST OF MPs

HOW CAN MPs MAKE LAW LIKE LOKPAL THAT GOVERNS THEM, SINCE THEY ARE IN CLEAR CONFLICT OF INTEREST POSITION?.....

06-09-2011

: Jun 2011
: delhi
:
: 2 | 0.00 Per Day
LOKPAL BILL - CONFLICT OF INTEREST OF MPs

HOW CAN MPs MAKE LAW LIKE LOKPAL THAT GOVERNS THEM, SINCE THEY ARE IN CLEAR CONFLICT OF INTEREST POSITION?
06-09-2011

: Apr 2011
: Mumbai
: 48
:
: 36 | 0.01 Per Day

Well that's how our system is - MPs legislate, i.e. make laws. Unfortunately it is a particularly Indian disease of misusing powers or being opportunistic because of which we are facing these things. In other countries too parliamentary democracy works similarly, but they do not misuse the powers given to them: They consider themselves citizens first and lawmakers last. Here its the opposite.

And believe me when I say all Indians are like that - just look around you: Even in trivial things opportunism abounds. Like stopping at a red signal: How many would honestly stop at a red signal even if there is no traffic and no cops?

India Against Corruption
India Against Corruption is a PUBLIC Forum, NOT associated with any organisation(s).
DISCLAIMER: Members of public post content on this website. We hold no responsibility for the same. However, abuse may be reported to us.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0