India Against Corruption

Register

India Against Corruption > ANTIRESERVATION FORUM > DISCUSSIONS on Reservation > Insight

Upper caste Hindus and the question of merit

May I again request that we keep issues other than corruption outside this forum so that we don't divide the .....

05-06-2011

: Apr 2011
: Chennai
: 70
:
: 166 | 0.04 Per Day

May I again request that we keep issues other than corruption outside this forum so that we don't divide the small % of volunteers against corruption?

The Forum Moderator may consider deleting posts not directly related to corruption from this Forum.

This is NOT to say this is not an important topic, but that it is off topic for this forum.

Thanks,

Ganesan.
05-16-2011

: Apr 2011
: gwalior
: 55
:
: 711 | 0.15 Per Day
"it happens only in india"

Gentle men ! persons who belongs to sc/st get jobs through reservation cota and also enjoy promotion in time. Saddest part of this drama is that most of the persons who get jobs through reservation cota have already adopted Buddh dharma or Christian dharma. According to my knowledge there is no reservation cota maintained in mandal commision report for Buddh Dharma and Christian Dharma. If my knowledge is uptodate then only one sentence is to utter ""it happens only in india". From above mentioned aspect the matter can be counted as a part of corruption.

Last edited by sunil_mishra; 05-16-2011 at 12:43 PM
05-16-2011

: Oct 2009
:
: 216 | 0.04 Per Day
Sacrifices of men for this India

For this India, our heroes sacrificed their lives and everything. Entire system is crippled by reservation system. I am asking why our men should sacrifice further? Even now, open category people are busy fighting among themselves. On the contrary, SC/ST/OBC are united and sidelining the open categories in every walk of life. It is pathetic there is no national forum for open category. You can find SC/ST/OBC forums in most of the offices but no open category forum.

Last edited by Vinay Kumar; 05-16-2011 at 10:21 PM
05-16-2011

:

Mr Ganeshan
Perhaps you are not aware that this forum was originally named as Anti-reservation forum. Later it was converted into India against corruption That should not be. A separate forum should have been formed. This site was almost dead for 2 years until we recharged it. What will you do if this site is converted into another issue-based forum? I am reiterating that very very low percentage of SC/ST/OBC are engaged in such movements. They are concentrating their energy to dominate upper caste. This is a bitter truth. You have to accept today or tomorrow.
08-19-2011

: Aug 2011
: Trivandrum, India
: 38
:
: 1 | 0.00 Per Day
Smile

I read the words written by various people. And I do respect their views. But one should understand that injustice once spread in the society was for everyone, the affect of what happens in the soceity is not limited to any person based on caste or religion.
What u see from upper caste , peoples those who r prosperous some generation of their family had worked hard for that. And there was no reservation for them. U can find such examples now also that people on their labour get success. Yes I know that goods and bads are present in society.
Someone wrote that upper caste do not travel in general class. Well I can give u contact no. Of dozens of my friend from upper caste including me who travelled in general class and struggled for money to fill the exam form.
Tell me one thing that when their is a bomb blast do the bomb before explosion ask that all are from lower caste or not? No. Childs who lose their father becomes hit to poverty in single night and he is from upper caste and lower caste both. But the upper caste will not be given benefits of reason as he is from upper caste.
See the every section wether from lower or upper caste faces the social injustice equally. Lower caste should not hijack sympathy to them why bcoz they r from lower caste.
And if really u feel that u r underdeveloped then why r u escapingg from economical concensus.
Also there can be free education and free exam forms and many other proovisions for u.. only saying that it is very tough to implement is not a proper excuse.
In acountry like India with huge population anything is difficult to implement. But if u always look for shortcuts u can't always have a justified shortcut.
Anyhow someone will have to be stuck to proverty either lowere or upper caste. U can't achieve social equality with Reservation policy.
So its the time to show wisdom and unity and all caste from lower or upper caste should oppose Reservation on caste basis and come with some strong alternative policy to develop whole society as one.
08-21-2011

:
Very useful comment

We agree cent percent with your opinion. Also we welcome your wisdom. Problem is that these lower caste people are brain-washed and misguided badly. They are used to short-cuts and who would like to leave the golden pot obtained without any effort? All the times they try to garner sympathy from us. They deviate from the main issue why a rich SC/ST/OBC should get all the reservation benefits from school level to higher education to jobs to promotions to accommodation to travelling allowances to dearness allowances to other incentives? There are so many examples where upper caste boys/girls are struggling for 2 meals but never demand reservation.