India Against Corruption

Register

India Against Corruption > ANTIRESERVATION FORUM > DISCUSSIONS on Reservation > Opinion

My Views Against Reservation in India

hi there, Well I'm born indian in Sc/St caste ,although I'm totally against any kind of discrimination on basis of .....

11-04-2009

: Nov 2009
: 38
:
: 2 | 0.00 Per Day

hi there, Well I'm born indian in Sc/St caste ,although I'm totally against any kind of discrimination on basis of color,caste,race,religion etc'; But the reservation on bases of caste system in which majority of Sc/St are underprivileged & still treated with contempt does feel justifiable to some extent. Let me tell a very brief about myself: i never tried to gain advantage using the quotas systems as in our constitution ,i completed my matric with 90+ marks & did my diploma with over all 36 rank in jet,i hold a btech degree with 80+ marks & there i didn't used the "quota"(not from an IIT though). everything was running fine in class ,until someday some known to me & my friend told him about my "Jati". everything changed in my college life from next day. Your so called "elite" class people started ignoring me,some who were my best friends in my class even didn't want to share there food with me although earlier they liked my mom's food very much. You can't even imagine the feeling that i felt.It does so hurt ,I love my country so much & will be first one to die if ever demanded. Although I'm not against forward class people,but some of "you" are so extremists.

I congratulate poonam for the research she has done on caste system ,but i ask her follwing questions:

1. how do u propose to lift up The SC/ST people,if you don't even bother to touch them??
2. Do u have any proposal to efface the still prevalent hatred in people of elite class about the scheduled class people??
3. Did u ever know how does it feel to live a life like Sc/St class,where u are not judged by you character but rather the class you belong to??
4. don't you think that you are paying for what you ancestors had done to these people??
05-04-2010

: May 2010
: 35
:
: 3 | 0.00 Per Day

I personally feel their is a problem in implementation. If the government wants to bring them at par with the general students (which i also favour ) they must provide free and quality education to them if they are not monetarily sound because while creating humans god didn't have any "Special Quota" for the general students that he provided them with Extra-ordinary I.Q. and not others.
01-21-2011

: Jan 2011
: Petlawad Jhabua m.p.
: 45
:
: 3 | 0.00 Per Day

Stop Reservation
01-22-2011

: Oct 2009
:
: 216 | 0.04 Per Day

Poonam ji namaskar
We would like to hear your bold voice once again and for ever. Please oblige us

Dear friend...I presume you are in favour of reservation...U may have ur justifications for such a view but...the questions that you've asked need to be answered. I take this opportunity to answer them..
The caste system was introduced so that work could be divided among people...Those people never had in mind that a shudra is of low caste...i am talking of "THE PAST",and not the times in medieval INDIA..Even the shudras themselves never considered their work to be menial...
And why do you question that the shudras were deprived of education??
Even the kshatriyas never got education,they were only taught the art archery,the brahmins were taught just the vedas and all this was taught to them by their own elders and not any colleges....

Do you think the word "REVENGE" makes reservation an easy thing to digest for this country???
04-05-2011

: Apr 2011
: 44
:
: 1 | 0.00 Per Day
let us start the evolution to stop reservation and to implement SAMAN NAGRI KAYADA

I eggerly want to remove reservation from india , for that what we can do. I want that somthing should happen so that reservation vanishes and SAMAN NAGARI KAYDA should imlement.
So some evolution like to be started as happened in egypt and reservation should cancelled.
Reservation causing attacks on indian base by putting non eligible person to the important posts. How can a person being eligible only due to his cast to become Doctor, IS, IPS, Collector like that and how he can work. It Is like same that ruling of the monkey as a king. The same is Happening in India. Lot of Officers and Project leaders in Govt Dept. are placed only due to their Cast and not by eligibility resulting in clollapsing and corruption in those Dept e.g. Police, Food & Aggriculture etc.

let join the people to such activity by encouraging them as lot of people are against reservation and are quit, thinking that only single can't do anything and can't appose to strong polytics.

So Let us join Together to remove reservation and start the activity. Let us Convey the Polytical parties to think for India's real progress will start by removing reservation.

pl repply me on garajkarss@gmail.com
04-05-2011

:
Cool

My dear friend,
I would like to counter your first statement " Personally, I feel that since God has made us equal", yes I do agree upon that. Then the question arises as to -

1. Why was the caste system first of all imposed in History, if "God has made us equal"?
  2. Why were the Shudras (as you call us) were made to do all the dirty jobs, if "God has made us equal"?
  3. Why were we kept out of the city and deprived of education, if "God has made us equal"?

Ask these basic questions to your elite community and if you truly get those answered then you might think reservation is our right and accept that wholeheartedly.
Dear Dandy Mandy,
1.In Medieval India,caste was not based on birth but on Karma,
2.Shudra was then not a caste by birth but by suitability of men capable of doing the work ,
3.Valmiki was a shudra because of his doings and became a Brahmin later also because of his change of heart and doings,
4.No bad precedent can be avenged through revenge by adopting same policy and depriving half of India of schools,colleges and jobs which will certainly lead to backlash,
5.Keeping this in mind,even Ambedkar provided reservation for a fixed period only ,not in perpetuity,
6.In fact,a creamy layer with vested interests has developed within reserved category grabbing rights of deserving poorest ones among themselves who never want to get away this priviledge; otherwise why this creamy layer of families of Gyani Jail Singh,Ram Vilas Paswan,Sushil Kr Shinde,Mayavati and the like never ask to surrender reservation for the benefit of poorer ones ?
Surely they won't as their interests are contrary to spirit of Ambedkar and Indian Constituition.
Dear Dandy ! Think and act positively.Negativity is preserve of polyticians which has already much harmed this nation !
04-05-2011

: Mar 2011
: Patna
: 73
:
: 219 | 0.05 Per Day

Those who ill-treated you because of your caste tag may continue to do so even if the reservation is continued. If someone calls you names it is not your fault. It is their upbringing that is reflected. You will always find such people. Just ignore them and go on with your life with a smug: 'you enjoy your criticism, I enjoy my life'. Reservation or no reservation, bad people will remain bad. But if you or anybody continues to take the benefit of reservation, there is a strong possibility that people around you who have suffered because of reservation will be biased against you. We must try to remove this bias and removal of reservation is an easy tool to do that. And mind you, reservation is not benefiting the genuine people. It is benefiting those who do not deserve it or who are cornering away the spoil meant for the needy. And for god sake, don't say that just because someone's ancestors did not comport themselves with dignity, indignities should be heaped on their future generations.
04-06-2011

:
Cool

hi there, Well I'm born indian in Sc/St caste ,although I'm totally against any kind of discrimination on basis of color,caste,race,religion etc'; But the reservation on bases of caste system in which majority of Sc/St are underprivileged & still treated with contempt does feel justifiable to some extent. Let me tell a very brief about myself: i never tried to gain advantage using the quotas systems as in our constitution ,i completed my matric with 90+ marks & did my diploma with over all 36 rank in jet,i hold a btech degree with 80+ marks & there i didn't used the "quota"(not from an IIT though). everything was running fine in class ,until someday some known to me & my friend told him about my "Jati". everything changed in my college life from next day. Your so called "elite" class people started ignoring me,some who were my best friends in my class even didn't want to share there food with me although earlier they liked my mom's food very much. You can't even imagine the feeling that i felt.It does so hurt ,I love my country so much & will be first one to die if ever demanded. Although I'm not against forward class people,but some of "you" are so extremists.

I congratulate poonam for the research she has done on caste system ,but i ask her follwing questions:

1. how do u propose to lift up The SC/ST people,if you don't even bother to touch them??
2. Do u have any proposal to efface the still prevalent hatred in people of elite class about the scheduled class people??
3. Did u ever know how does it feel to live a life like Sc/St class,where u are not judged by you character but rather the class you belong to??
4. don't you think that you are paying for what you ancestors had done to these people??
Dear Smith;
I personally fully agree with your concerns. I'd try to explain this as far as I can.
1.Rightly ,it's shameful.It's handiwork of criminal mindsets.Instead of appreciating a meritorious person like u who foregave all benefits of reservation,such behavior of your classmates is most condemnable.Every right thinking Indian has to fight this criminal mindset.Such right thinking people exist and are even welcoming marriages with good SC/ST people today.So u'll appreciate the fact that there are always two sides of the same coin.These criminal mindsets have led to India being denied it's due place under the sun today.See where is China and where we are !!
2.Leave alone lovers of untouchability.In fact ,today in upper castes-anger against reservation has become a very big reason to hate the reserved class because of it's continuance indefinitely.End of it will end the hatred of majority.
3.It's not a problem due to your caste.Criminals don't love honest people.Mayavati does'nt love upper caste people.It's due to prevailing immoral environment in the country though it is not right anyway !
4.Your revengeful tone manifests some coloured thinking.If u say so then let me also say this - your children will have to pay for what u are now doing to us people !!
04-07-2011

:
: 1 | 0.00 Per Day

give reservation by taking financial background into consideration not religion...people who are SC are having luxurious bungalow and they are financially very much sound so no need to give reservation to these people right...
04-07-2011

: 43
:
: 4 | 0.00 Per Day

Arakshan sabd hin galat hai ya eshki wyakhaya galat ki ja rahi hai. Wastw me yah to samaj ke kamjor worg ko uper uthane ka tarika samvidhan me hai. Par afsos ajadi ke 7th dask me v aj ham arakshan dho rahe hai. "logon ko majbut karke es kabil bana dena ki wo mukable me a saken" sahi mane me arakshan ka sahi upyaog hai na ki fir se etihash dohrana. Arakshan k nam par rajneeti jabarjast ho rahi hi. Aj ap ko layak banane ke bajay jabarjasti mahatwpurn jaghon me thunsh diya ja raha hi arakshan k nam par kahin etihas ka roop badal kar to nahi bulaya ja raha.
dharam prakash mishra
an actor of jharkhand