View Single Post
10-09-2008
dandymandy

: Oct 2008
:
: 1 | 0.00 Per Day
Reservation, a sweet revenge

My dear friend,
I would like to counter your first statement " Personally, I feel that since God has made us equal", yes I do agree upon that. Then the question arises as to -

1. Why was the caste system first of all imposed in History, if "God has made us equal"?
  2. Why were the Shudras (as you call us) were made to do all the dirty jobs, if "God has made us equal"?
  3. Why were we kept out of the city and deprived of education, if "God has made us equal"?

Ask these basic questions to your elite community and if you truly get those answered then you might think reservation is our right and accept that wholeheartedly.

My views on reservation in India:

Personally, I feel that since God has made us equal, we should not encourage reservation of any kind in our systems - jobs / admissions. Whenever we reserve place for someone on these foolish basis, we are snatching away the rights from deserving candidates.

I think that those people in our society who cannot afford education, may be provided free education as part of various governent policies and programmes but not reservation of seats should be there where students compete through entraces or test processes. Government should provide free BASIC education but not reservation for seats. Thanks.