Somakumar

: Apr 2016
: Palakkad Dist
: 59
:
: 1 | 0.00 Per Day
Exclamation Negligence of Uttar Pradesh Police

Respected Sir,
This is to brings to your kind notice for JUSTICE to an accident victim, who is the only bread earner of a family.
Sir, I am Somakumar Nair, aged 51 years, S/o. Shri Balasubramaniyan Nair, residing at Devi Sadan, Perinkulam (Post), Palakkad (Dist.), Kerala - 678542. I was at Mumbai with my family since 1995 and I was doing my own business related to advertisement with about 12 well known and reputed companies. At that time I was residing at Thane in Maharashtra. In December, 2011 my family consisting of *my wife (Bindu Somakumar, 40 years), daughter (Savinaya, 16 years) and son (Soorya, aged 9 years) planned a holy tour to Haridwar. On 30th December, 2011, we started our journey at 5.00 a. m., from Kerala House, New Delhi. Unfortunately, our vehicle (Tata Indigo) which was booked by me from Mumbai with Monarch Travel Services of Mr. Harishankar, Managing Director, Hotel Monarch, A-88, Gali No.2, Near IGI Airport, New Delhi, represented by his co-brother who is staying in Thane, Maharashtra) met with an accident.
Our car reached GT Road Bypass, Khatauli in Muzaffarnagar at 7.30 a.m., hit a car (Tata Indica) from the back side of our car. In the effect of the hit, the car in which we travelled, went and hit the back of a bus. The local public saved us by admitting in Muzaffarnagar Medical College around 30 Kms from the accident spot. In the accident, I sustained a major Spinal Cord injury, my wife sustained injury with her Pelvis bone with several fractures and consequent inner bleeding. My daughter’s nose bone was fractured. The Driver of our vehicle also had some facial injuries. After reaching the hospital the duty doctor informed the nearby Police Station (Mansurpur) and gave all required first-aid and adviced to shift all three of us to AIIMS, New Delhi. My wife got admission in AIIMS because she has to undergo one major operation immediately and her Spleen was removed.
Sir, during our treatment in New Delhi (AIIMS and Max Super Speciality Hospital, Saket, New Delhi, where I had treatment and operation in my spinal cord). The concerned Police authority never visited us for taking our statement of the accident. Mr. Harishankar, the Car Owner never visited us atleast on humanitarian grounds. After 15 days of treatment I was shifted to my native place in Kerala for further treatment. I spent lot of money in New Delhi for my treatment with help of my Parents, who are retired teachers. Presently, I am a Quadriplegia Patient due to the spinal injury and is surviving with the help of my parents & relatives. Because of this accident I lost all earnings as well as working capacity. I am still under going treatment (Physiotherapy) at home.* During my treatment period in the hospital (New Delhi & Kerala -2011-2012) I requested several times Mr. Harishankar to give details of Driver, copy of the Driver’s License, Insurance Details of the vehicle and the details of all the vehicles involved in the accident etc., enable me to file a claim for compensation. Although those details were not given, he behaved rudely and said “Jo thum kar sakthe ho.. oh kar” and abused me.**I understand that as per Supreme Court Directive to Director General of Police of all States/U.Ts. The duty of the driver and owner of the vehicle involved in any accident causing injury or damage to any person is required to secure medical aid to the injured person, by taking him to the nearest doctor/hospital. HE SHALL REPORT THE MATTER TO THE NEAREST POLICE STATION WITHIN 24 HOURS, AND ALSO INFORM THE INSURANCE COMPANY ABOUT THE OCCURRENCE OF THE ACCIDENT, NAMELY INSURANCE POLICY NUMBER AND PERIOD OF ITS VALIDITY; DATE, TIME AND PLACE OF ACCIDENT, PARTICULARS OF THE PERSONS INJURED AND NAME OF THE DRIVER AND PARTICULARS OF HIS DRIVING LICENCE... But the driver/owner did nothing.
Then, I tried to collect those details through Uttar Pradesh Police (Mansurpur Police, who acknowledged the intimation from the hospital. Khatauli Police - as the accident spot comes under the station limit, who received the information from the Mansurpur Police regarding the accident) for a detailed and certified copy of FIR, Driving License copies and driver’s details of the vehicles involved, MVI Report of the vehciles involved in the accident, Owner’s Name & addresses of the vehicle and insurance details of the vehicle involved in the accident. (which are mandatory documents for filing a claim in MACT). When I contacted the concerned Police Station, I came to know that there were no inquiry made by the police and they did not collect any of the required documents and not made the FIR or any entry in the General Diary of the Police Station. I submit to your kind notice that nothing happend. But the police made FIR after one and half years only when they got an instruction from Hon. Central Home Ministry. DUE TO THIS NEGLIGENCE OF UTTAR PRADESH POLICE and THE OWNER OF THE VEHICLE, I am unable to file a claim for compensation. I spent more than Rs.10 lacs for our treatment. Still I am jobless and lost complete earning capacity.
Therefore, I pray your good self to kindly HELP A POOR FAMILY to get JUSTICE and for our existence.
Thanking you,
Yours truely,
Somakumar Nair