View Single Post
07-24-2013
Khemta

: Jul 2013
: Delhi
: 34
:
: 1 | 0.00 Per Day
Legal Immunity for the Bribe Giver? Is this a good idea?

I'm sure you all know about Kaushik Basu's suggestion to give legal immunity for the bribe-giver to curb 'harassment bribery' in India. The basic idea is to give them immunity from prosecution, so that they will be more likely to report the bribe-taker!

I'm a research intern at the Center for Civil Society, and I'm doing a research paper evaluating the practicality of this suggestion, seeing whether it will actually result in decreased harassment by public officials.

To do this, I need the average Indian's experiences and thoughts about bribery. Could you guys please fill out this really short (8 questions) and totally anonymous survey to help me find out what people think? It would help my research, and help me flesh out some new ideas I have for combating harassment bribery! (The survey will be posted in the thread, since I'm new and I'm not allowed to post URL's in a new topic yet!)

If you know anyone who has been a victim of harassment bribery, please ask them to fill it out too! Your responses will help me come up with a solution to this messy and shameful problem!

Thank you in advance!

After you've finished the survey, please respond in the thread to tell me what you think of legal immunity for the bribe giver. Good idea, or not?