11-04-2012
ruchilkashyap

: Oct 2012
: Ralegaon Siddhi
: 39
:
: 41 | 0.01 Per Day
Kejriwal's method not right, corruption can't be eradicated

Eminent banker Deepak Parekh today said corruption cannot be eradicated from the system and disapproved the way activist-turned-politician Arvind Kejriwal is going about with his exposes.

"Corruption is not going to go away from our country... I think the manner in which he (Kejriwal) is going about is not right," Parekh, chairman of HDFC, told a gathering of top industrialists and bankers at an event.

Asked whether he would help Kejriwal if he seeks his advice on economic policy matters, Parekh said he will never do so and would never vote for his candidates as he does not approve of the way he is going about with his plans.

Parekh also slammed the media for incessant coverage of Kejriwal & Co. and asked it to report other important issues.

"I would like to blame you, the media...you have nothing else to report other than Kejriwal. Why do you give so much of importance to all this? Give us some news, don't tell us what Kejriwal said," Parekh said.

Kejriwal had last week claimed that "crony capitalism" pervaded the system and slammed both the BJP and the Congress for having favoured Mukesh Ambani's Reliance Industries. Alleging that Jaipal Reddy was unceremoniously ousted from petroleum ministry at Ambani's behest, he had said the country was being run by the industrialist.

In the past two months since he decided to go political, Kejriwal has made a string of corruption charges and targeted Robert Vadra, BJP chief Nitin Gadkari and external affairs minister Salman Khurshid, apart from the country's largest company Reliance.

On corruption, Parekh said: "I know many crony capitalists, but I know many more corrupt politicians (as well)," but declined to name anyone.