View Single Post
10-30-2012
sajal

: Aug 2012
: delhi
: 35
:
: 2 | 0.00 Per Day

First of all I would like to say I am a member of Scheduled Caste and hence like to say somethings that I experience everyday.I am an Electronics and Telecom engineer but still I experience how people of upper caste see us.I would like to give a live example.One of my friends sister is a PHD holder.His brother has given her profile in bharat matrimony without mentioning caste.An educated person whose son is a doctr called him.On hearing SC he disconnected the phone.This is a small example.This silent discrimination we experience everydat.People who say that SC and ST doesn't require reservation just think hw many atrocities against dalit communities we come against everyday in newspapers...numerous..even the seats reserved for them gets unfilled..Those who are against reservation will also fight for it once they get chance for it. However reading the first part I knw all will think I am an ardent supporter of Reservation based on caste.No I am not.I also want this policy to change.Nothing exists in this society if it has outlived its importance.People of dalit communities have been kept backward by the leaders so that they can be given reservation as alms given to them by the political leaders in order to get their vote.Most of the people in the dalit villages don't have basic facilities. Hwever it was important during the initial days after independence because whatever I am now wouldnot have happened if my father inspite of being an exceptional student continued his education and got job inspite of all miseries.Else I also would have been a farmer probably.
Now it needs a chnge Only solution to this is to provide world class compulsory education to all upto class 12(education in english language but should have mother language as one subject) , with free hostel facilities(abolition of HAJ yatra and AMARNATH yatra subsidies can provide funds as education is more imp than religion),punishment to parents for non compliance and then provide economic support to SC/ST students to pursue any career upto a certain limit obviously.The reservation system should be abolished gradually within 12 yrs.
I am not saying economic backwardness as a criteria as it would be used by political parties for their workers only,even if they are ineligible.Even SC certificates are forged though its percentage is less as compared to what economic backwardness criteria can bring