View Single Post
10-02-2012
Tinucherian

: Sep 2012
: Bangalore
:
: 2 | 0.00 Per Day
Contradicting on UN award claims.

Hello, In my blog post, I am ONLY contradicting the facts and truth behind the propaganda of "UN awards Gujarat Government as the second best state in the world "

1) Government of Gujarat won the second prize in Category 1: Improving transparency, accountability and responsiveness in the public service. It was the Gujarat government’s initiative, “Statewide Attention on Grievances with Application of Technology (SWAGAT)” programme that had won United Nations Public Service Award (UNPSA) in 2010. So it is not essentially the entire Gujarat Government who was awarded here.

2) Govt of Gujarat won the above second prize in the Asia Pacific Region and not the entire world as claimed. There were 2 winners each in the 3 regions. Women Policy Division, Seoul Metropolitan Government, South Korea won the first prize in this category.

3)The same Category I award was received by Government of Andhra Pradesh (2007) and Government of NCT of Delhi (2005) initiatives earlier.

4) Several Indian State government initiatives have received these UNPSA awards in various categories over the years.

Thanks