View Single Post
08-11-2012
rameshrege

: Aug 2012
: PUNE
:
: 1 | 0.00 Per Day
Ramesh rege

Jan Lokpal Bill is certainly a step in right direction to curb corruption and it must be passed at any cost sooner than later......but more importantly, the culture of Indian people in general has to change to root out corruption, because we find corruption not only in the Govt offices but also in our day to day private life... for example, in Pune, about one month ago, there was water shortage and so I bought 20 litre drinking water bottle from a grocery shop... Normally, the price of this bottle is Rs. 120 but the grocery keeper charged me Rs. 200 for that bottle, thus taking undue advantage of the situation and since I had no choice but to buy it at Rs. 200/-..... another example that we normally find in cities is whenever the public transport is on strike or paralysed for any reason, the rikshawalas or taxiwalas invariably charge extra charge to exploit the situation.....Therefore, the attitude of non-corruption has to be built from the child age level and the role played by parents and the teachers is very important....When a child sees his father driving his car through a red signal, because there is no police around, the message the child gets is that it is allright to break the law, so long as you do not get caught.....To summarise, what I want to say is that, unless we Indians change our culture, corruption ( both government as well as private ) is going to last....