03-03-2012
Ganesan

: Apr 2011
: Chennai
: 70
:
: 166 | 0.03 Per Day

Dear Summit,

Let's be objective and not play to the galleries; that's what politicians do.

This is a forum against corruption, and particularly in the context of Anna's fight for Jan Lokpal Bill.

I didn't say any of the leaders I'd mentioned, including Nethaji, are not important, or are of no consequence to India. Please read all or any of my posts, and you'll know.

If we have a forum for Patriotism, Leadership, etc., surely we should discuss these leaders. But they were in an age when independence was the only goal, and corruption, esp. by Indians, as we discuss today, was not an issue. So, they didn't have any role to play against it. And they are not icons of anti-corruption.

All that I said was, let's not create divisions among ourselves discussing what's not central to this forum; already politicians are trigger happy that anti-corruption movement seems to be losing focus and direction. We'll only to adding to their glee if we discuss issues that may create divisions among ourselves. Divisions apart, it's laser sharp focus that can get us a good Lokpal Bill. This is how all successful forums, all over the world, operate.

The best intentioned digressions in the form of discussions about even the greatest leaders, much taller than anyone including Anna, will only take away the focus, and take us away from Jan Lokpal Bill.

Thanks,

Ganesan. :~)