View Single Post
10-05-2011
Proud Indian

: Feb 2011
: Chandigarh
:
: 312 | 0.06 Per Day
Thumbs up Vote for Persons with Political Integrity:Anna Hazare

Appealing to the nation to vote for persons with high political and moral integrity, Anna Hazare on Tuesday also asked people not to vote for the Congress if the Jan Lokpal Bill is not passed in the Winter Session of Parliament.

Hazare warned the Congress that he will go on fast again if the bill is not passed, saying that the Constitution has given the citizens of the country the right to protest. He added that he would campaign against the Congress if his demand for the passing of the bill did not tke place.

Hazare announced his plan to tour the five poll-bound states and said that he will start his campaign from Uttar Pradesh.

"If the Congress doesn't approve the Jan Lokpal Bill, I will go to all poll-bound states and ask people not to vote for the Congress," Hazare said.

After the Congress on Tuesday called Anna Hazare's warning to campaign against the party a 'political' move, the anti-corruption crusader hit back and said that he was not being political. "If the Congress thinks that I have entered politics, let them say that. The people of the country know the truth," Hazare said.

Attacking the Congress, Hazare said that the Congress did not have the will to pass the Jan Lokpal Bill. "In the last 42 years, the Congress was in power, why wasn't the bill passed in the last 42 years? The Congress doesn't have the will to pass this bill," He said.

Hazare appealed to Hissar voters in Haryana, which has by-polls this month saying they shouldn't vote for the Congress.

He also said that he has been forced to take up the campaign against political parties as there was no other way to get the Jan Lokpal Bill passed.

But Hazare said, though he will campaign against parties who do not support Jan Lokpal Bill, he will not enter politics.

"If I become the leader of a political party, then I will not be able to do what am doing today, it's better to remain outside," Hazare said.

Source : CNN IBN