View Single Post
10-02-2011
goenkavijay89

: Jun 2011
: patna
: 53
:
: 54 | 0.01 Per Day

Employer pays, employee receives. Employee is obliged to deliver, as wished by the employer. Polity is employer and polity-cian is an employee.
Let us, first, get out of Mai-Baap mentility.
Democracy was re-discoverd by Americans. Talk to an Indian-American friend. He will use "taxpayers money" term often in his conversation. Every penny spent by our representative, is our hard earned money.
We pay LAGAAN. We pay it indirectly. We pay, when we buy, our food, clothes, medicines etc. The LAGAAN is collected in the name of Central Excise duty, Custom duty or Value added tax that is added to MRP of every goods sold. It is collected to serve the employer, that is us.
If I give my employee Rs 4000, and ask him to manage my house for 15 days in my absence, then, I have all the right in the world, to request him for financial explanations.
And if I am not satisfied then I have right to take appropriate action on him.
Our minds have been programed by thousands of years of oppression to be subservient. Democracy is an experiment on Indian soil. And we have failed it.
We are RULERS.
Every person in Vaishali Ganrajya called himself a King.
Consul, The elected head in Ancient Rome, was one among the equals. When power would get into his head, and he would begin to work towards selfish goals, he was often removed by the fellow parliamentarians.
The President of America is one among the equals.
We have failed to understand Democracy. We beg for alms from the very person chosen by us, to serve us. Command him or remove him through ballot.
They behave like kings because we behave like subjects.
As for Electoral reforms, read my thread, "GOOD-BYE DEMOCRACY, WELCOME MY-CRACY", in the section opinion and polls, on this site.

Last edited by goenkavijay89; 02-06-2012 at 12:28 AM