View Single Post
09-25-2011
Summit Ensign

: Aug 2011
: Kolkata
:
: 384 | 0.08 Per Day

Jai Bharat

Dear Sumeet, u r gr8 not bcoz u r writing here on Bharat Maa's Mahan Saput Subhash Chadra Bose (I don't title my beloved as Netaji bcoz today's netas stand nowhere near to even SC's feet),

But bcoz, u got such a nice parents (as u said about ur mother inspired u to follow Subashji) and from X standard, u had become his follower.

This reminds me my childhood of late seventies (X std in 79), when I was just mad about Subhashji, Vivekanandaji and Acharya Chankaya.

I will discuss all the matter in length as it will certainly take a serious reading b4 having a word.

Dear, I will be pleased to see u as and when u r in Delhi. Thnx to all others, engaging themselves in this discussion and sharing their beautiful knowledgeable thoughts.

Jai Bharat

sgaserv ji,

Thank you for your inspiring words. I consider myself indeed fortunate to have a compatriot and brother like you.

To what you've said, I'd like to make a few additions.

"...I don't title my beloved as Netaji bcoz today's netas stand nowhere near to even SC's feet..."

I agree with your position on today's "netas". But the name "Netaji" given to DeshNayak Subhash Chandra Bose was not from any of the Corrupt Quarters, but from the minds of the Masses of Indians. It is the Symbol of Love that we Indians have for him. It is the Symbol of Love that India has for him.

And That is why, I don't call today's Political Much-Ado-About-Nothings "Netas". I call them "Politicians". See that I do not even call them Diplomats. I just call them "Politicians" - for that is what they at the most are.

"....as u said about ur mother inspired u to follow Subashji) and from X standard, u had become his follower...."

I didn't become Subhash ji's follower from X Std. It was in the Xth Std that I came across the shocking Minisculisation and Insignifisation - the thorough Insult and Contempt - of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose and Azad Hind Fauz in our classroom History Text Books, and decided to investigate it.

I'm a follower of Bose from the time I'm even myself unable to remember. My mother tells me when I went for admission to Kindergarten at 2 and 1/2, someone in the interview asked me about my favourite leader and I said - "Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose". Somebody then questioned me why it wasn't Gandhi, to which I replied - "I hate that old haggard!". My mother tells me she had never taught me that. I have strong memories of her teaching me about Bose, but none whatsoever of saying anything against anyone, let alone Gandhi, at that age. It must have happened because right from my infancy, I had been in the middle of immensely Patriotic People, some of whom later went on to assume important positions in this country. I must've heard them talking, and some information must have flown into me.

I have no memories of that incident now. But I do recollect when I was about 3 or 4 years of age, I had come across a children's book on the Indian Freedom Struggle. Or maybe, it was a book on the Revolt of 1857. I don't exactly remember. All I have now are hazy memories of its cover, and even fuzzier impressions of its inner pages. But I do sharply remember two things from it; the name - "Jhansi Ki Rani" and a battleground picture of hers, sword in hand, mounted on a horse, fighting the British.

(P.S. : Years later, in class IV or V, I learnt how exactly she died in battle. The sword of the English General Hugh Rose slashed right through her skull, from the top to between her eyes and the nose. I shudder to imagine the pain of that gash. But see her valour : in that bloodied situation, she escaped on her horse, crossing over a ditch, and fleeing to deposit her infant son (who was on her back all through the battle, clasped tightly with a piece of cloth - What a Mother she must have been - An Indian Mother!) with an old woman far away from the battlefield. It was only because of that the infant Damodar Rao survived, to live to an age of 56. Otherwise God knows what might have happened to him. His descendants now carry the surname 'Jhansiwale'.

Her words - "Main Apni Jhansi Nahin Doongi" still reverberate through my senses. The verse - "Bundele Harbolon ke Munh Humne Suni Kahani thi" still makes the blood in my body rise in a gush. It is only because of this inspiration and fire from her, I often feel like thundering - "Main Apna Bharat Nahin Doonga" against the corrupt sycophants who pass by the name of our 'representatives' today.)

But I'll have to make a confession - In my later years, between ages 10 and a while back (which is quite long), I had become softer towards Gandhi. And this was all because of the Doctored, Engineered and Distorted History that is floating around us today, courtesy N-Chacha and the Government of India. But the day I learnt about the 'Mahatma'-s sexual escapades, every good thing I ever knew or thought about him came crashing down. I had been investigating the truth about our Transfer of Power for nearly two decades, and the exposure revealed and arranged it out in SECONDS. Therefore, now I'm back to where I was. And I don't even repent having said what I did in my Kindergarten interview - "I hate that Old Haggard!". Rather, I'm happy I had spoken the truth.

"....This reminds me my childhood of late seventies (X std in 79), when I was just mad about Subhashji, Vivekanandaji and Acharya Chankaya...."

I hope you still are. I am.

"....Dear, I will be pleased to see u as and when u r in Delhi...."

I too. Thank you for your warm Invitation. I'll let you know when I happen to visit Delhi (though I don't see that happening anytime soon). In the meanwhile you may keep in touch with me at summitensign-at-gmail-dot-com (though I must warn you, I'm not very good at checking my email. Sometimes I don't even sit with my computer for weeks, let alone browse my billets. But as and when I do, I certainly respond to the ones I like).

"Dear Sumeet, u r gr8 not bcoz u r writing here on Bharat Maa's Mahan Saput Subhash Chadra Bose....."

I feel you've missed the word 'only' here. That is "...gr8 not only because...". Missing that construct might imply that you do not hold highly anybody who's with Netaji. But I'm sure you do. So I feel, you've just missed the word....that's true, but I'm also kidding........

Thank You for your stimulating words once again,

Hear you again,

Summit.

Last edited by Summit Ensign; 09-25-2011 at 02:05 AM