View Single Post
09-23-2011
Summit Ensign

: Aug 2011
: Kolkata
:
: 384 | 0.08 Per Day

JAI BHARAT

Dear Summit, you have picked up a very nice topic. I appreciate your dedicated studies towards Bharat Mahan. Views mentioned here of all maa Bharati's Saput (sons & Daughters) are worthy to read.

I believe that the moment our current people will realize BHARAT is far better and ahead of this Modern India, as this INDIA tag was labeled by Britishers, not only dream of our lakhs of TRUE FREEDOM FIGHTERS but also of patriot like ANNAJI will come true.

I remembered Annaji's Sandesh (Message) of 16th Aug. 2011, which he concluded with "JAI BHARAT".

I think if we all "Saput" of Maa Bharti starts greeting each-other with Jai Bharat, the spirit of HONESTY, PUREITY, PATRIOTISM, HUMANITY and so be will automatically inculcate in us.

Jai Bharat

Dear Brother sgaserv,

My Mother India is a Country like no other.
"Sujalaam Suphalaam, Malayaja Sheetalaam,
Shashya Shyaamlaa Mataram

Shubhra Jyotsna Pulakita Yamini
Phulla Kusumita Drumadala Shobhinim
Suhaasinim, Sumadhura Bhashinim

Sukhdaam, Varadaam, Mataram"
That's my Mother. Call her by any name, she's still my Mother.

And I Love to belong to this Land - the Land of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose.

"Ittefaq, Aitmad, Qurbaani", my Leader had said,..."Unity, Faith, Sacrifice."

"BHARAT is far better and ahead of this Modern India..." My Mother is beautiful however she is...whether as Bharat...or as India...Both are the names of my Mother...both are equally dear to me....Call her Durga or Kali, and she's equally dear to me.

"as this INDIA tag was labeled by Britishers"....Let me read you a line from Rabindranath Tagore -
"Ye my heart, my holy pilgrimage,
Slowly Rise,
On the Shores of the Multitudes of Bharat
Stand I here, arms outstretched,
Pray I, to the Great God of humanity
Greet I him,
With the most Generous of Rhythms,
And the Loftiest Peaks of Ecstasy
The World shall come and give
It shall all merge, all meld into one
But shall not go back
From the Shores of the Multitudes of Bharat
"
(P.S. : Translation was mine - if you liked, Credit to Tagore, if you didn't, disapproval all mine - the Original Poem is actually a BEAUTIFUL one - a GEM - after all TAGORE)

The word India, actually comes from "Hindia", which again comes from "Sindhia" or "Sindhu".

The Sindhu is the Indus River, and it was Alexander's (the Great) Team that, going by their Greek dialect, called Sindh as Hindh, or Hind.

From that 'Hind' came 'Ind', and hence 'India'.

Another variant - 'Ind' can come from 'Indu', meaning the moon. Isn't my Mother as beautiful as the Moon herself ?

Any thought to why Indian Calendars are mostly made around the Moon (Lunar Calendars) ? Sorry, can't guarantee you on this one, but a link might be there.

Bharat (pronounced Bhaarat) comes from Maharaja Bharat, the Father of King Shantanu, and the Grandfather of Bheeshma Pitaamah.
Uttaram yat Samudrasya
Himadreschaiva Dakshinam
Varshamtad Bharatama Nama
Bharati Yatra Santati
Bharati Yatra Santati; Yatra = Here, Santati = Offspring and their Progeny (comes from Santaan-Santati).

Bharati Yatra Santati simply means - Here are the Children and Generations of Maharaja Bharata.

Two ways of Naming my Mother - both from her own soil - which one should I choose ?

Bharat reflects her Domestic Richness, India her International Splendour. Which one should I choose ?

And so I said, call my Mother by any Name, she's always my Mother - and to me, the Best Mother in the World!

I know she's yours too. You're after all my brother. Call her Maa, Call her Amma, she's still our Mother.

Call her what you will....

See ya Brother,

Summit.

Last edited by Summit Ensign; 09-23-2011 at 07:48 AM