09-04-2011
raghavwidluv

: Aug 2011
: Hyderabad
:
: 87 | 0.02 Per Day

Hello Raghav,

Great to hear from you again.

IFs and BUTs, put in the right spirit, are valuable...they are the spirit of debate...and the ladder of philosophy...no need to unnecessarily restrain them...a lack can create the typical fever of a section of Indians - sycophancy (chamchagiri).

For the ways and means to go forward, I feel we could begin with these -

(1) Educate yourself in whatever you're doing, or whatever you like doing - not only to get a job, but also to become an Expert.

(2) Whenever you go out, try and observe the problems that people around are facing, especially the poor ones. If possible, if you feel like it and if they show interest, talk to them in detail. Tell them about yourself, about Anna Hazare and his Movement, and then ask them about their problems, how long they have lingered, and why they haven't been solved yet. And yes, keep a detailed note of all such activities in a file or notebook, including the date, the issue on which you talked, the name(s) of the person(s) you spoke to, their address, mobile number, or some way to contact them, and the details you gathered. Also take a note of the Politicians from that area, right from the Panchayat/Municipality level to the MLA and the MP.

(3) Simultaneously, try and get across to Educated and Nationally Conscious People in your area, and team up with them.

(4) Together, you could then open a blog (many free blogging sites available like blogger, wordpress-dot-com, blogspot, hubpages and so on. Personally I feel blogger is the best.) and put up those exact details on it IN A TABULAR FORM. This blog will then become the REPORT CARD OF THE POLITICIANS IN YOUR AREA.

(5) Together with your team, approach the Elected Representatives (Panchayat/Municipality, MLA, MP) of that area and talk to them about those issues, and find out what they are doing to alleviate the problems. If they haven't done anything, find out what they are going to do and BY WHEN. Come back and put those things back in your blog. At regular intervals, go and match their performance with their words, and come back and post the results again. NOW YOU'VE CREATED A REPORT CARD FOR THE POLITICIANS IN YOUR AREA, THAT IS OPEN FOR THE ENTIRE NATION TO SEE. (Caveat : However, do NOT do these activities alone. Get at least 10-12 people in you team before you start approaching politicians. And don't stop there. Keep adding people. And never go to the Politicians alone. Take at least 4-5 people with you so they can act as witnesses to what those leaders have said. Also if possible, take small audio or video recording devices with you and so that you can kep a record of what they are saying. But always take their permission before recording. Preserve those audio/video recordings carefully; keep multiple copies if possible. Upload them to a safe, private place on the web if you feel that way. And be cautioned, you could always face Political Retribution for going against corrupt Netas. You could get harassed; or something even more serious might happen. Always keep that in mind.)

(5) At the same time, try and come up with creative solutions to the problems of people, and suggest those to them. They may try them out if they so wish.

(6) And at the same time, we need to educate people about Population Control. Educate them about the benefits of a small family, and how they can make their children better and happier citizens that way. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT.

(7) Businesses and Industries are very important. They are a strong step of development for they increase society's Financial well-being and provide employment, both directly and indirectly. If you're trained in setting up businesses, you may help people do that, either as personal businesses, or firms, or companies, or as co-operative societies. But remember, this is very tough; so make sure you're trained and experienced enough to handle it; otherwise it could create more problems than benefits.

Those are a few steps I feel we could do within our limited resources. However, remember again, do not put yourself at any risk in trying to do these. Your first value is for yourself and your family members.

And these little steps done by us will add up to a lot. For every hour donated by a hundred persons, the nation gets 100 hours of work. Increase the zeroes and you have the quantum of service increase in multiples of ten.

Those are some of my ideas. If you have creative thoughts of your own, please share with us.

Best Wishes,

Summit.
Wonderful ideas Summit...

The report card one is awesome... But don't you think questioning the corrupted politicians directly, who may have some criminal background, is too risky...!?!

I think, not only we should become an EXPERT but also encourage the people around us to be the same, without any egos and/or jealousy... We should remember that all we are doing is for our country & humanity... There shouldnt be any discriminations here...

How about teaching the students in Govt. schools & colleges for free...!?! I am planning to do that... In most of the cases, teachers in Govt. schools & colleges dont take classes... Even though they attend, they cant update with the latest trends & Students from such background can't compete with the students from corporate schools & colleges... When they turn 18, they also have the right & RESPONSIBILITY to vote... They need proper guidance from the beginning... As you said earlier, this group of people are actually NOT TESTED & create wonders with little encouragement...

Coming to Business & Industries, I am completely against Industrialization... In my view, every village & town should be developed as self-sustainable models by using only natural & pollution-free resources as Anna ji did... We already have soo much technology... Do we really need more when there is lot of pollution & lack of food... Ofcourse its not possible to stop it but its just my opinion...

If I am right, Business & Industries means, to have small scale industries like hand made things etc. then it would be a great idea...

Regards,

Raghav

- Swami Vivekananda