View Single Post
09-03-2011
Summit Ensign

: Aug 2011
: Kolkata
:
: 384 | 0.08 Per Day
ANNA HAZARE - GANDHIAN, or more INDIAN ?

Dear Friends,

I feel ANNA HAZARE might be MORE INDIAN then GANDHIAN.

And the Reasons -

(1) Hazare's NON-VIOLENCE is different from GANDHI's : I feel Hazare can distinguish between Violence and Patriotism, whereas Gandhi had them horribly mixed up.

The Proof ? Hazare always talks of Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru in glowing terms, referring to them as Patriots, whereas in Gandhi's opinion they were "Terrorists".

Further, he talks of them often, and with strong relevance, and not once or twice as mere lip service.

(2) Anna Hazare has a LESS CONTROVERSIAL life : In SIMPLICITY, he could beat GANDHI by miles - nay, LIGHT-YEARS :

True. First, it reflects in his great understanding and application of Non-Violence.

Second, he doesn't need to resort to such highly controversial methods regarding Sex and Brahmacharya as Gandhi did, including sleeping naked with women less than half his age, and at age 77 with his own grand-niece Manu aged 17 and wife of his grand-nephew, Abha aged 19, in order to test the purity of his soul. Don't believe it ? I found it hard too, but there's just too much evidence, including his own writings which were held secret till now, to negate it.

You may check out the following link for this :
Did our INDEPENDENCE MOVEMENT suffer from UNDUE DELAY and LACK OF TRANSPARENCY ?
(P.S. : This Article is a series of links - you may check out all, or the ones that you're interested in.)

Hazare also does not have ashrams - he stays in a 8x10 room of a temple in extremely simple living conditions - he only has a bed, a thali and a glass.

And yes, he does not need to perform enemas on the ashramites or his followers as the other Gandhi did, striving for "inner purity" that he felt would "strengthen the Indian National Movement". Check out Google Search and YouTube.

Hazare insists that people with him have a non-controversial life - NISHKALANK JEEVAN; Gandhi would have failed this test. For Gandhi kept a close bond with Nehru, even after being fully aware of his unceremonious relationship with Edwina Mountbatten, wife of Viceroy Lord Mountbatten.

Therefore, I see, his simplicity is much more Indian, than Gandhian; for there were many more Seers, Sages and Saints in India that Achieved Purity of Soul and Heights of Spirituality without having to Resort to such Controversial Methods. One of them, that Anna Hazare himself talks a lot about, and regards as his Guru, is Swami Vivekananda.

There could be many more points of difference, but I urge you to find those yourself.

BUT VERY IMPORTANT : A WORD ON NON-VIOLENCE :

I firmly believe the sentiment of NON-VIOLENCE in India is not just One or Two Hundred Years Old, rather it has existed in our instincts and identity for Millenia.

The articles posted are not to incite you to resort to any kind of violence, rather they are intended to urge you to be more non-violent and peaceful.

They are to show you that NON-VIOLENCE is not "Some Leader-ian", but rather "INDIAN".

And non-violent you must remain, not just for the moment's sake, not necessarily for any Leader's sake but for your, mine and our sake; for the sake of this nation, for the sake of the movement that Annaji has shaken up our consciousness with...

Remember that mischevious elements, some of whom might even be inside our present government, may try to incite you to violence, for only then can they let loose their muscle-might to crush us.

So however much might they try to provoke you....stay calm....

You must remain Non-Violent for the Sake of INDIA.

If you are in any doubt, always remember - NON-VIOLENCE is not any "Leader-ian", but "INDIAN"...it is part of our identity, deep down within...and it has shown forth even in our greatest moments of adversity...so let that shine through again...

Best Wishes,

Summit.

Last edited by Summit Ensign; 09-10-2011 at 08:14 PM