View Single Post
09-03-2011
Ganesan

: Apr 2011
: Chennai
: 70
:
: 166 | 0.03 Per Day
Angry Let's all invite privilege motions...

Hi Folks,

The Government and many MPs have started exhibiting their powers against Team Anna members because they dared to challenge them.

MPs' privileges have not been codified. They are a law unto themselves. Aam Aadmi can be put behind bars with no legal recourse, if the MPs decide to. So, a series of Privilege Motions have been set in motion, it appears.

How do we challenge the MPs who propose to punish Kiran Bedi and Prashant Bhushan?

There's one simple way,... the Anna way. LET LOTS OF US BREACH THE PRIVILEGES OF THE MPS RIGHT AWAY, BY SAYING WHAT WE FEEL ABOUT THE MPS (WHICH WE HAVE ALWAYS SAID IN PRIVATE, BUT NEVER HAD A CHANCE TO SAY IN PUBLIC).

Let's be decent and fair in our criticisms, if only because we need to be a more cultured lot than the MPs (meaning, not using foul language), but let's not mince words. Let's see if the MPs bring privilege motions against all the people. If they do, and if the Press covers it, let's all go to jail.
If someone from Anna's team coordinates and gets Anna to give a call for this, this will succeed so well that MPs dare not try any privilege motion against legitimate criticisms against them, any time in future. If 1,00,000 people criticize the MPs at the same time, disclosing their name, address and signature, what will the MPs do?

Forums may be inadequate for this, and so we may need to send signed letters, but let me start with this statement, as a sample:

"Many of our MPs (I won't be surprised if most of them) are corrupt and are self-seekers. They are there as MPs NOT TO serve any public good but to fill their own coffers. The Government is very well aware of this but doesn't want to lift a little finger against this because most of those in the Govt are even more corrupt, and they are there mainly to loot as much as they can, as quickly as they can.

The uprising of the public with Anna against the Government is a warning bell. If the Govt fails to take notice, popular resentment will only increase. High handedness by the Government and MPs will, I hope, only hasten the exit of the corrupt. Hopefully, such corrupt politicians are put behind bars for long and not left to go scot-free, even when they are thrown out."

Ganesan. :~(