Ganesan

: Apr 2011
: Chennai
: 70
:
: 166 | 0.04 Per Day

Dear Summit,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

While I see why you have posted it, I still don't believe the events you have posted have any reasonable bearing on the present corruption in the country. I have nothing personal against you or your posting. Just that I believe it will only dilute our focus.

Sure enough, many seemingly unrelated events may be related in some obscure way; we should see whether they are related strongly or in a very weak way. We can also relate, rather strongly, the current corruption to the British rule, the Moghul invasion, Guptas and Chanakya, the Ramayana & the Mahabaratha and the vedas. But these won't help us solve our today's problem of corruption.

(If we're quoting from the past by way of suggesting a specific way forward, that should be fine, though. For example, what Chanakya may have said should be done when corruption exceeds limits and those in Government are part of it.)

So, let's stick to the current situation and see how to solve them, without loss of focus. More so in this forum, as Anna is trying to mobilize popular support for Jan Lokpal Bill and the Government is trying to come up with its own version, and both the sides have misgivings about the other. We want a resolution to it fast. So, this is a forum different from most others, in that it has a time bound task.

We'll surely discuss other issues in fora closely related to them.

Thanks,

Ganesan. :~)