View Single Post
08-29-2011
drhprashant

: Aug 2011
: London
: 49
:
: 1 | 0.00 Per Day

Dont expect comments from a true Indian after such a fabulous victory of the people of India. What Annaji and Arvind did was at least a symbolic gesture but may be it was more than that. If we are dreaming of a developed India we have to take everyone i.e. the rich and the poor of India together, and that is what Anna and Arvind did. I salute to them. This movement was fabulously led by Annaji, Kiranji, Prashantji and Arvind so they deserve all the credit for generating such a positive momentum in India.
With regards to why Dr. Ambedkar gets credit for drafting our Constitution, you really needs to do research in to this and you will get the answer.
With regards to reservations, it was to bring the oppressed in to main stream and it did to an extent. Ten years were definitely inadequate to bring those who were oppressed for zillions of years in to main stream and so this was extended. This needs a reassessment from time to time with proper census to change our policies and with due time this will happen since many people from OBC and even SC/ST are in urban elite class but there are many living in villages who need help due to the prevalence of the feudal system.
This movement had nothing to do with caste or class so why talk of it. As far as the representatives in the Panel is concerned we will have to leave it to the Parliament to decide. So my dear friend dont sulk after this great victory of Indian people and enjoy it.