View Single Post
08-25-2011
Summit Ensign

: Aug 2011
: Kolkata
:
: 384 | 0.08 Per Day
Lokpal can CERTAINLY be passed within 2+1/2 Years.

Dear Friends,

You must have found the title somewhat strange...

But yes, this is how I feel, and I'm saying this after careful deliberation...

Think of this...this Congress Govt is now 2+1/2 Years old. Its full term is 5 years...which means it has another 2+1/2 years remaining before it goes into elections.

If this satanic govt. does not pass the Jan Lokpal quickly (say within a given deadline), then we can vow that we will not let the Congress or the BJP (or other party which does not clearly state its stand or does not support the Jan Lokpal Bill) come to Power in the next 50 years.

However, to ensure that we can make the best of this vow and fulfil it, we will need to do the following things -

(1) Start preparing Honest People in our constituencies as Independent Candidates, i.e. candidates not attached to any Political Party but only to the Jan Lokpal Bill Movement.

(2) In fact it is better to select more than one, so as to have reserves (remember that our candidates could be made targets of Political Propaganda or Political Violence by these other Parties, or there could be other reasons like health or family problems later on, so its better to have backup and lots of it, and we need brave people for this).

(3) We'll need to be able to provide full protection to those candidates too.

(4) And as soon as possible, start introducing them to the Electorate of your constituency. Remember, the people of the constituency will be most comfortable voting for a person they know well. Introduce the Person to the Voters, and explain to them about the Jan Lokpal Bill (if they already don't know about it - which I feel should be extremely rare) and why they should vote for the candidates attached to the Bill. That'll make the voters feel much more comfortable.

(5) We'll have to start this work early. Because though it may seem that 2+1/2 Years may be a bit far off, it actually isn't, considering the amount of work that we'll have to do. Trust me, it's going to be a LOT of WORK!

(6) If we start the work now, at the end of the 2+1/2 years, we'll be absolutely ready to face the big Political Parties head-on.

If anybody from the IAC is reading this, I request them to kindly forward the suggestions to Mr. Arvind Kejriwal and Team Anna, so that they can contemplate on this, and if they feel it houses some merit and they could proceed with this, then at least publicly announce the INTENTION of JAN LOKPAL supporters NOT GOING TO BRING THE DISSIDENT POLITICAL PARTIES TO POWER IN AT LEAST THE NEXT 50 YEARS (if they feel such announcement would be proper, viable, feasible and plausible to make).

My only concern with this idea is that the level and scale of Political Violence in this country might (and probably will) go up. Our candidates might become the targets of such violence or propaganda, or both, and even the lives of some of them could come under risk like Shehla Masood.

But on the other side, I think it is also the rightmost opportunity to begin anything like this, because the Jan Lokpal Movement has swept like a powerful wave across the country. The movement has not only brought out the anger in people against corruption, but remember - and this is very important - it has also just given birth to a new political consciousness in this country, one that is the seed to create a Great Nation.

Not only that, we at this time also have the guidance of people like Shri Anna Hazare, Shri Arvind Kejriwal, Smt. Kiran Bedi, Shri Shanti and Prashant Bhushan, and we are almost certain that we can get a lot of help from people like Shri Ram Jethmalani and Shri Santosh Hegde and many more well-meaning and highly educated and experienced individuals and bodies.

Therefore though it has its risks, this will be the Birth of a New Political Experiment in this country. And why just an experiment, a New Political Movement. One that will ring the death knell for the tenures of corrupt politicians, parties and governments in and across this country.

I feel it is the right time to do this, as this is the time the huge mass support that this movement has generated can be channelled into a more concrete form and shape, from which not only this, but many (and probably all) of our future generations will benefit.

I have a feeling that the country is ready for this experiment and training. It may be only in its nascency, only at its birth, but it is there. It has arrived. All we need to do now is to train up the child and bring it up to a strong maturity.

Just one Caveat : It may be so that we might not succeed in completely dislodging the corrupt after 2+1/2 years, but yes, I believe that a substantial progress will be made, and a lot of the corrupt will go away; and by the second term, I believe we'll be able to completely remove the corrupt. AND THE BEST THING AFTER THAT : We'll Never have to depend on Corrupt politicians for anything anymore. We'll have well-meaning, well-trained representatives, educated in the welfare of the people, working for our country at the Centre and State Governments. IT'S A DREAM, BUT DON'T YOU THINK IT IS NOW ACHIEVABLE ? VERY ACHIEVABLE ?

This is the only way that the HUGE POLITICAL CONSCIOUSNESS THAT HAS BEEN BORN IN THIS NATION CAN BE MATERIALISED. The sacrifices that Anna has made, the pains that he has suffered and we have supported, can be grasped and retained once and for all for us and all our future generations. We probably will not ever have to see another Anna go up a podium and fast for 10 days and more, with an insensitive government unwilling to pay any attention, deliberately stretching his painful condition over hours and days and weeks with their slow attention and inhuman indifference.

I hope, and feel, we can do it now.

Vande Mataram.

Summit.