08-22-2011
Summit Ensign

: Aug 2011
: Kolkata
:
: 384 | 0.08 Per Day
OUR VOTES - 5-Year Fixed-Deposits with Consistently Negative Returns

Hello Friends,

Hope all of you are doing well - if not otherwise for the pain of corruption.

But anyways - wish me luck! I am beginning my journey with the IAC community today.

And I'd like to start off with a question that has bothered me for a pretty long time.

Would you invest in a 5-year Fixed-Deposit on a Continuously Non-Performing Asset, with No Recourse to Withdrawing you Investment, and being further Forced to Renew it After Every 5 years?

Did I just hear you shriek - "No" ?

But in fact, we're already doing it - or rather - being forced to do it.

Still wondering what it is?

MY VOTE.

Every Election I lock my Vote in for a Period of 5 Years, and then only watch my Investment Go Down in Value. I seem to be hopelessly trapped in a cycle continuously spiraling downward.

Worse Still, what I invest in my Vote is not my money, but something that's Far Far more Valuable - 5 YEARS OF MY LIFE !

Talk about Risky Assets? The politicians of my nation have begun to make my Vote look like Not Only the RISKIEST - but also the WORST asset to invest in. Therefore my eyes are on Anna to help me bring back some Cheer, Respect and Stability to my Biggest Investment - my Most Cherished Investment - my Most Valuable Investment - my Most Respected Investment - MY VOTE!

And therefore, as Anna and IAC propose, elements like the Right of Rejection and Right of Recall must be incorporated into the structure of my Vote. I must be able to Reject all Candidates in an Election if I don't like any of them, and I should also have the power to Recall my Elected Representative if he is unable to fulfil the task(s) that his Electorate assigns him.

I also desire another feature - some of you might feel this to be too cumbersome - but I argue, given the state of Technology we have, should this be too difficult ? OK, this is what I wish to see - the Power of No-Confidence Motions directly in the hands of the People.

There's my short list of desirables.

However to achieve them, we'll have to put up a strong fight.

I wish Anna Hazare all the Luck. Anna Tum Aage Badho, Hum Tumhare Saath Hain.

Summit.