View Single Post
08-16-2011
Ganesan

: Apr 2011
: Chennai
: 70
:
: 166 | 0.03 Per Day
Thumbs up Anna's message to the nation before being arrested...

Anna's message to the nation 16 Aug 2011, 0857 hrs IST, TIMES NOW Just before being arrested on Tuesday morning (August 16) Anna Hazare addressed the nation. In His address he asked all supporters across the country to come out and continue the protest. He said, "Will the protest stop after my arrest? Definitely not. It will continue."

In his address to the nation he said,

My dear countrymen,

The second freedom struggle has started now. I am arrested now will the struggle cease after my arrest..dont let this happen. Millions of countrymen have joined in the struggle now. There is a second row of leadership ready now to guide you in this struggle. There is Arvind Kejriwal, Kiran Bedi, Prashant Bhusan, Manish Sisodia, Arvind Gaud, PV Rajagopal, Shanti Bhusan and Akhil Gogoi who all are available now to lead the struggle. They will now show you the right path of struggle and this struggle will continue.

When i was arrested along with other supporters many of the other people from different places courted arrest.
A time has to come my countrymen when there should be no place left in any jail of india to accommodate any more person this is the second struggle of freedom.

But I would like to remind once again that no one should resort to violence in this struggle.

This is a struggle through non- violence no public property should be damaged or no harm should be made to any private property as well.

People accompanying me in this struggle are all my brothers and sisters ..we have to attain success by traversing this path of non- violence .

Please remember satyagraha is all about penance to our own self which is being felt by others . This is the real essence of satyagraha.

All those service-emplyoees and students who have taken leave from their offices and educational institutions for their participation in this struggle. Please give 8 days for your country. Stay in the jail for 8 days if necessary for your mother nation.

Everyone by now has understood , but this government hasn't understood the reality. This is a struggle for change and untill and unless this change comes,the system will not get on the right track.

Keep on fighting on the virtues of non-violence untill your last breath.

Thank you.
Hail mother India.