06-14-2011
puloksinha

: Apr 2011
: Mumbai
: 43
:
: 2 | 0.00 Per Day
Post Regarding Versions of Mr. Pranab Mukherjee

“There is growing trend of undermining the democratic process and constitutional authorities in these movements, Anna Hazare went on stir for not preparing for Lokpal Bill. BJP supported it. We discussed it with Anna Hazare. Now a panel headed by me is preparing a strong and sound Lokpal Bill that will be introduced in the monsoon session of parliament. But Anna Hazare is now threatening that if the bill is not passed by August 15, then he would start a fast-unto death. How can someone from outside dictate the terms of parliament? This is certainly an attempt to weaken the democracy.”

“I must say that emergency will never be imposed and no state government can be dissolved on the allegation of corruption. This also happened in 70’s.”

Times of India, Mumbai. 13 June 2011. Page - 10. Headline: “Civil Society can’t dictate terms to Parliament: Pranab”

Is not our democracy is already weakened in last 60 years? I would like to bring it to notice that by movements related to Jan Lokpal, we people of India are not “undermining the democratic process and constitutional authorities” but we want to ensure that every single member enjoys the Right to Democracy. If a person observes properly then one can see that in true sense the democratic rights are only enjoyed by handful of people. One can see that most of the democratic rights have been either enjoyed by the criminals, corrupt politicians or corrupt government officials. Basically you can say, what’s going on till date, is murder of “Right to Democracy” and if it is not so, then can anyone please explain, why most of the cases are still pending, why hardly few corrupts are punished till date, why so many scam cases are still pending in different courts, why in every 2 or 3 months we come across a new scam, why Lokpal bill is not passed in last 48 years, why criminals are allowed to stand for election. I hardly think anyone can justify these questions.

We common people pay taxes - income tax as well as sales tax but still we are deprived of good roads, transport, education, even basic needs. Also, subsidy in various products like gas, petrol, etc is decreasing and the rates of sugar, milk, onion, etc are increasing. Can anyone explain me why

All of the questions above have one answer - Only because of corruption and weakened Democracy.

Moreover, I would like to answer the question rose by our Honorable Union Finance Minister “How can someone from outside dictate the terms of parliament?” If we people of India have democratically elected the Members of Parliament then they should have right to dictate the Parliament also, at least when not getting result for more than 60 yrs.

However, regarding the threat of Mr. Anna Hazare, as mention by our Honorable Minster, as far as I remember just after the fast in April ’2011, Mr. Hazare has clearly mentioned that the bill has to be passed by Independence Day that is 15th Aug 2011. [1]

Reference:
[1] The Hindu, New Delhi, April 9, 2011

Last edited by puloksinha; 06-14-2011 at 06:14 PM